This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section “you” and “your” refers to Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to sign up for a free or paid superiorsolos account, apply for a role with superiorsolos, or otherwise submit inquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
(ii) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our Websites.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with superiorsolos.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To customize content and layout of the Websites.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
C. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
- Contests and sweepstakes. We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively, “Promotions“).
D. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
E. Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. Superiorsolos takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
Information You Provide Us
We collect information that you provide us, including your account and profile information, content you submit or post to our Platform, your purchase information, your communications, and information you provide to us as part of surveys and contests.
Account and Profile Information. When you create an account on our Platform, we collect information you provide us, like your name, email address, interests, gender, age, and profile information.
Content you Submit. We collect information and content that you submit or post to our Platform, including your photos, comments, reviews, searches, photo notes, Ideabooks, and discussions.
Purchases. If you purchase or sell products within our Platform, we collect certain information in order to process your purchases and sales, such as your phone number, address, and payment method (for example, credit card or bank account information).
Surveys and Contests. If you participate in our surveys, contests, or promotions, we will collect the information you provide to us.
Third Party Plug-ins, Widgets, and Links
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. A cookie may have unique identifiers and reside, among other places, on your device, in emails we send to you, and on the Platform.
Cookies set by superiorsolos are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than superiorsolos are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable features or functionality provided by third parties in connection with the Platform, for example, advertising, interactive content, and analytics. The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We may use other technologies similar to cookies like web beacons, which are sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our Platform or opened an email that we have sent them. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Our Platform may also use “Flash Cookies” (also known as Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”), which are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some are required for technical reasons in order for our Platform to operate. Others provide a better experience on our Platform by remembering some of your activities on the Platform (including through our plug-ins, widgets, and embedded content). Other cookies enable more relevant advertising and better analytics.
Essential Cookies. Some cookies are required for the Platform to operate, for example, in the following ways:
- To identify you as being logged into the Platform
- To make sure you connect to the right service on our Platform when we make any changes to the way the Platform works
Cookies for Features and Services. Some cookies provide a better experience on our Platform. For example, without cookies to remember some of your settings and activities on our Platform, the following functionality may become unavailable:
- Adding purchases to your cart and remembering the products you have added
- Remembering settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours
- Remembering if we already have asked you to complete a survey or if you already have engaged with particular content on the Platform to avoid showing these items to you again
- Remembering when you have added a product to your Ideabook
Cookies for Analytics and Personalisation. Some cookies collect information about how you use the Platform to help us improve how our Platform is being used, and to help us understand what may interest you and personalise your experience accordingly. These cookies, for example:
- Generate statistics on how the Platform is used, including to measure any errors that occur or to obtain data on the number of users of the Platform that have viewed a product or added it to their Ideabook
- Test different designs for the Platform
- Help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded
- Collect or transmit information about you, such as your browser type and search preferences, and your use of the Platform or third-party sites that incorporate part of the Platform
- Provide feedback to advertising partners that one of their visitors also visited the Platform
- Provide our advertisers with data relating to ads that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use
- To show you relevant advertising off of the Platform
- To understand what actions you take on the Platform after receiving our advertising
Third-Party Cookies. We work with analytics service providers, advertising partners, and advertising networks that may have access to your device information but does not enable them to collect your name, contact details or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information.
How can I control cookies
In addition you can also “opt-out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology of businesses participating through the European Interactive Digital Advertising, the U.S. Network Advertising Initiative or the U.S. Digital Advertising Alliance. Please visit these organisations’ opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from participating businesses. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking or install the AppChoices app to learn more about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads in mobile apps.
If you do not want Flash Cookies stored on your device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash Cookies storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash Cookies by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash Cookies (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash Cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash Cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our services or online content.
More information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section: http://www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy
More information about analytics
Google uses the information on our behalf to evaluate how the site is used, create reports about the activities on the site for the site operators, and to perform additional services regarding website and internet utilisation.
Further you can prevent the collection and processing of cookie created data relating to your utilisation of the website (including your IP) via Google by downloading and installing the browser-plugin available under the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the device, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
Effective May 25, 2018